Saturday, April 02, 2005


The OEM wiring harness has 2 heavy-duty quick-connect plugs at the rear underside of the cab.
I unplugged them, and un-bolted the white wire #8 ground wire.
I opened the rear of the 7 pin trailer plug, and dissconnected the 7 wires.
I then lengthend those short pig-tails by 24".
Using an aluminum project / hobby box, I installed my powered "Hidden-Hitch" tail light converter, as pictured.
Using some good quality buss-bars I connected the truck wiring (visible on left side of box), to the inlet side of the light converter.
On the right side I wired in the RV trailer line.
I used all #10 & #12 wire for power & Trailer brake feed line (blue).
The covered/sealed hobby box is then bolted to the back of the cab, where the original commercial plug used to be.
The coil of wire (right-side in photo) runs to the female RV plug at the rear of the truck frame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home